Thursday, February 20, 2014

IVF Cycle: Weeks 2-3

January 26-30, 2014

Monday started out a little rough for me. I did my shot as usual and took my antibiotic before heading into work. About 10 am it hit me. The worst headache I've ever had in my life...a can't keep your eyes open, feel like your gonna throw up, someone stuck a knife in my forehead kind of headache. Since Kenny has switched jobs we are currently down to one vehicle so I had no real way of getting home... I finally ended up asking a coworker to take me home. I slept for 3 hours only to wake up with more of a headache. Not sure if it was from the Lupron or not, but after doing some research it sounds like it is. I've had a few headaches this week, which I NEVER get. Luckily none of them have been as bad as Monday. Other than that I feel pretty great and just can't wait for next week for the baseline ultrasound with Dr. Foulk in St. George!

February 5, 2014

I had my baseline ultrasound in St. George this morning. Luckily Kenny needed to pick up a new truck from his new job's St. George office so he was able to come with me. The ultrasound went well and she said everything is looking really good. I had 9 follicles in my left ovary and 11 in my right. Which is apparently great! I also learned how to do my shot that I start on Friday. I was really nervous because I have heard that his shot is awful, but getting it ready is not bad at all. It will take me a little more time since I have to mix 4 powders together, but it's not a big deal at all. I was THRILLED to hear that I get to do this shot in my abdomen as well. I was SO nervous about having to do it in my leg. And thankfully the needle is the same size as my Lupron shot. I guess we'll see how it goes Friday though.
 
February 7, 2014

I started my Brevelle and Menopaur shot this morning. Both of these are used to stimulate the development of multiple eggs for the retrieval. Mixing them went well, but took me forever! I was so nervous I was going to do something wrong, so I was extra cautious. I'm sure it will be faster next time. Everything went well till the second I put the needle in. Holy BURN! The injection burned the entire time I was putting it in and was tender after. It probably seemed worse because I wasn't expecting that since the Lupron shot has been so easy. I talked to Tonya about it and apparently that burning with injection happens to 15% of patients... lucky me! :) It really isn't bad compared to other symptoms I've heard about though, so I'll take a little burn.







No comments:

Post a Comment