Monday, April 8, 2013

Our First Date

Before I went on a date with Kenny I had a LONG conversation with my best friend Katey while sitting on the kitchen floor of our house. She really wanted me to make sure I took things slow with Kenny. For multiple reasons. 2 Main: 1. He was her co-worker so things would get awkward if we started dating then broke up. 2. While the boy from Idaho and I were on a little "break" to figure some things out, she didn't want me to push him aside completely yet... because honestly he was a great guy. I promised I wouldn't and so went on the date with little to no expectations of anything coming from it.

Kenny picked me up that night to head to the 51's game. He looked SO handsome and smelled AMAZING. His trick? Aqua Di Gio. It is heaven in a bottle ladies. Anyways... we had a great time at the baseball game. Katey and her boyfriend Paul came along which made it a little more comfortable. We had a blast!

 
 


After the game we headed to Margarita Ville with them for some Volcano Nachos. If you are ever in Vegas, it is a must while you're here. The plate of Nachos easily feeds 4 people... if not more. And they are DELICIOUS!




After dinner Kenny wanted to walk down to the Belagio fountains for a few shows. They are my favorite thing in Vegas and I thought it'd be nice to talk to him one on one, so we separated from Katey and Paul for the night. While we were standing at the fountains we carried on a GREAT conversation for over 2 hours.He listened, he joked, he could talk about deep things and didn't have to be all manly... he was/is awesome. We held hands while we talked and that was where my comfort level stood for the night. Then came the crossing of the comfort level...

Something you should know about Kenny when you meet him is he is absolutely not afraid to say what's on his mind (No matter how inappropriate it might be, haha). He is really great at making others feel at ease around him AND most importantly he has the best heart of anyone out there. He will tell you how he feels and you should know it is sincere. That was something that I didn't know about him yet though....  Before we started the walk back to the car he grabbed my other hand so he was facing me directly. He got REALLY close to my face... and started saying all these SUPER sweet things and how he felt like me and him had an amazing connection. For some reason I panicked. I thought he was sweet talking for a kiss. I liked him, but wasn't so sure about all these cute things he was saying. I did my best to casually change the topic and we started our walk back to the car. When I got home that night I wanted to make sure he knew I was interested in seeing him more because I thought I scared him off when I avoided his sweetness. Even though it came on a as a little much we had a great time! I text him to let him know how much fun I had and that we should do it again. He called me the next morning to set up date two.

When Kenny and I talk about that moment at the fountains now his response is usually the same. As he puts it, "I knew what I was doing. I always knew that I'd win you over. I mean look at me. You'd be crazy not to want me." Haha if you know Kenny that seems about right... if you don't... he's WAY confident... in the best kind of way. :) That night was the start of something that changed my world completely.

1 comment: