Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Night We Met

When I moved to Vegas one of the first things I was introduced to was Stoney's Rocking Country. It is a line dancing bar here in town that all of the single Mormon kids would go to every Thurday night to dance and hang out. It was ALWAYS a blast. Stoney's is always packed with locals and the setting is really casual and fun. We would get there around 9pm and dance till 1am and then head to Buffalo Wild Wings for a late night snack... we did this every Thursday for like 4 or 5 months straight, haha. Some of my favorite memories from Vegas that year were there.


Katey, Dianna, and I were making our plans to meet up and get ready together when Katey mentioned she was inviting one of her co-workers. She had mentioned him before, but all I really knew about him is that he had just moved back to Vegas a month ago after a pretty awful divorce. I had just gone through something VERY similar so Katey thought him and I should meet... maybe we could "bond".  I have to admit. The last thing I wanted to do was to get hooked up with someone I could swap divorce stories with. I had moved on with my life and was happy. She really had the best intentions. I was just anti-discussion of divorce at the time, haha. I had been dating a boy from Idaho Falls off and on and so didn't really find interest in the whole idea.

We got to Stoney's and started dancing and hanging out with our friends. I remember sitting on some stairs with my friend D when I saw an EXTREMELY attractive guy approach Katey who was just a few feet away. I leaned over to Dianna to point him out when Katey started to walk towards us with him.  She introduced him, "This is Kenny, my coworker." Um WHAT?! She had failed to metion how attractive this guy was. All notions of not wanting to get to know this guy too well immediately went out the window. As we all walked out to show Kenny a line dance I leaned over to Dianna and said, "Seriously the greatest set of lips I've ever seen on a guy in my life." Haha. If you know Kenny  you'll know that his lips are one of his favorite things on himself. They are abnormally full, in a good way. He loves that it was the first thing I noticed about him. We hung out with our group of friends all night and I didn't really get to talk to Kenny much. At the end of the night he came and sat by me so we could chat for a few minutes, but got interrupted pretty quickly. It was getting late so we all decided to head out. Katey and I were in the car on the way home when she got a text from Kenny, "You're friend Emily... Wow. She is freakin' gorgeous!" (Which she never showed me until weeks later, haha)

                                                  
            Dianna and Brook hanging out at Stoney's


                   Our first Stoney's picture together.

Anyways, the next morning while I was at work I got  a text from Katey saying that Kenny had asked for my number. I was SO excited and anxiously waited for his call later that day. When he called we talked for over an hour. He was SUCH a smooth talker and by the end of our conversation we had a date set up. I haven't been so nervous for a date in a long time.


1 comment:

  1. I seriously just read this! And it's all coming back to me now! that night was sooooo fun! You have to come back to Stoney's... Or gilleys is really fun too! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete