Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Great Men

I am so lucky with the amount of GREAT men I have in my life. I want to focus on 3 of those great men for Father’s Day. But have to say...

I was blessed to be the youngest of 5 amazing older brothers and 1 amazing older sister who married the greatest brother-in-law on the planet. I have always loved having 5 big brothers to watch out for me. They have always made me feel protected and loved. I love those brothers of mine more than anything in the world and would do anything for them. I am so grateful for them always watching out for me and loving me unconditionally... even when I was kind of a brat and didn’t deserve it, haha. They are amazing husbands, fathers, and brothers. They are all with incredible women and one of the greatest things ever is seeing them become Daddy’s themselves. They rock at it and my nieces and nephews are the luckiest kids around to have the Dad’s they do.
 
Christmas 2004 (Missing Bry)


Love these People
I also got super lucky to get 5 awesome brother-in-laws. I feel like I do with my own brothers with them. They are great hubbies to their wives and the greatest Dad’s around. They have all made me feel part of the family since day 1. I feel so comfortable around all of them and ALWAYS count on them for a good laugh. I’ve probably said this a million times, but I feel like the luckiest girl to be part of the Ward family!
My Father-In-Law
I can’t even tell you how incredibly grateful I am that I got the father-in-law that I did. From the very first day I met Ken I knew him and I were going to be close. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else can. I have always felt like I can be 100% myself when I’m with him. I love getting to go up to spend time with him and Kenny on the farm. It’s one of my favorite things about visits to Malad.  Some of my favorite conversations have been on the truck drives to one place or another on the farm. He is one of the hardest working men I have ever known. He works hard to provide for his family and take care of the people that he loves. Because of his example he has taught his boys to be some of the most honest and hardworking men I’ve ever met. He is a true friend to his boys and I love seeing the relationship that they all have with him. Kenny and I always turn to him for advice because we know we will get the most honest answer. He is a man that leads by example and I am so grateful for him. I can’t imagine not having him as my Pa-In-Law.

 
Our Wedding in 2010 
 
My Daddy (Yes, I’m 27 and still call my Dad “Daddy”... that will never change)
I don’t think you could find a better Dad out there. He is one of the most honest, loyal, hardworking men you will ever meet. My Dad has always been someone that I can go to for advice and know that I got the best advice I’ll find anywhere.  I was lucky to be the youngest and so I got a lot of one on one time with him and my Mom.  I can’t tell you how lucky I feel that I had that. My Dad has always loved my Mom unconditionally. He treats her with so much love and respect. He was the example to me of the type of man I wanted to find as a husband someday. When I was younger, my Dad and I would have Tuesday night “date” nights. We would make his famous egg sandwiches and watch “Home Improvement”. When I was little he would always read me Bearnstein Bears or tell one of his awesome made up “Fred and Gertrude” stories before bed while we shared a cup full of marshmallows. He once told me to stick the candy “Smarties” in my belly button to make them less sour (nice one Dad). He took me on bike rides and would fill my water bottle up with Welch’s grape soda (we didn’t tell Mom that). When we lived in Iowa we would go fishing down at the little ponds in our neighborhood. He was the one I went and saw Napoleon Dynamite with... his choice. He always made a sincere effort to spend one on one time with me. I have never questioned if my Dad loves me. He has always treated me with respect and taught by example. One of my Dad’s famous sayings is, “We don’t do it because we want to... we do it because it’s the right thing to do. “ I’m so grateful for that man. I honestly don’t know what I would do without him in my life. He means everything to me. I’m SO grateful to have him as MY Dad. I love you Daddy.

 
BYU Graduation 2008
 
 
Florence, Italy 2009 (I hadn't seen my parents in over a year since they were on a mission in Cambodia. Luckily my brother got married in Italy and they got permission to go. Me, Mark, Mike, and Bry got to cheat and see them. NOTHING is better then seeing your parents after that long away from them. I balled like a baby when I had to seperate from them again for another year.)
My Hubby
What do you say about the man that has changed your entire world for the better? Kenny is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I have the most loving, goofy, hardworking, and patient husband on the planet. He has helped me to learn to relax... to sit back and enjoy life and not take everything so seriously. I can always count on him to comfort me and make me laugh on my worst days. Kenny and I both have been through a lot together and it’s amazing to me how positive his attitude is... ALWAYS.  There is no better man for me. We have so much fun together... laughing at things that most people would probably never understand. I love that he still gives me butterflies in my stomach like the first day we met. I’m just so in love with this man. I feel so incredibly blessed that I get him for eternity. Nothing is better to me than watching Kenny with Kason. He is the BEST Dad. Kason is obsessed with his Daddy... and for good reason. He loves both me and Kason unconditionally and I can’t wait to have children of our own together. I hope we have a little girl someday too because he will be the cutest Daddy to a little Princess.  He is truly the best husband, Dad, friend, and man out there. I love you Kenny Ward. You are my entire everything!
 
 
SO in love.

1 comment:

  1. You truly are surrounded by great men! This is such a sweet post :-)

    ReplyDelete